This is the historical changelog for Block Visibility Pro, which is no longer being developed as of Block Visibility 3.0.0. If you are a Pro customer, you can still download the latest version of Pro from your account.
The current changelog for the main Block Visibility plugin is available on WordPress.org.
Release Date: 2023-01-27
- [Visibility Presets] Added filter allowing custom visibility controls to be added to the preset manager.
- [Visibility Presets] Added help notice for when no presets exist.
- [Visibility Presets] Added spinner to improve UI while presets are being fetched.
- Removed deprecated contextual indicator filter and added new one.
- [Easy Digital Downloads] Fixed error in visibility tests with version 3.1+ of Easy Digital Downloads.
- Fixed error message on block-based Widgets screen when debug is enabled.
Release Date: 2022-12-12
- [Location] Guard against a potential error when a post type has custom taxonomies, but those taxonomies are not exposed to the REST API and cannot be fetched in the Editor.
Release Date: 2022-12-05
- [Location] Added the ability to show or hide blocks if the post has no set taxonomy terms.
- Added the ability to enable or disable help notices and popovers in the Editor.
- [Location] Fetch authors directly rather than rely on the Block Visibility variables endpoint.
- [Location] Fetch post data directly rather than rely on the Block Visibility variables endpoint.
- [Location] Fetch taxonomy terms directly rather than rely on the Block Visibility variables endpoint.
- [Easy Digital Downloads] Fetch download categories directly rather than rely on the Block Visibility variables endpoint.
- [WooCommerce] Fetch product categories directly rather than rely on the Block Visibility variables endpoint.
- Redesigned the Editor UI to match the WordPress 6.1 design system.
- Redesigned the Visibility Preset manager.
- Optimized all custom SVG icons.
- Consolidated all external plugin links into a single directory.
- Changed labels on information popovers to improve consistency with the base plugin.
- Changed modal styling to improve consistency with the base plugin.
- Disable the paste button in the Import modal when the site is not secure (https).
- [Date & Time] Fixed bug where time intervals were not removed correctly.
Release Date: 2022-10-08
- Simplify REST API requests on the plugin settings page to increase performance and attempt to fix edge case fetch errors. Note this change will only take effect when using Block Visibility 2.4.4+.
Release Date: 2022-05-09
- Disabled autocomplete on rule set text fields to reduce user confusion.
- Reduce internal dependencies and use Block Visibility functions where possible.
- Fixed minor CSS error in Visibility Preset modal.
- Screen Size controls now work in Visibility Presets. Note that this requires Block Visibility 2.4.1 or above.
Release Date: 2022-04-19
- Reverted PHP warning fix on the Widgets screen (#25) due to conflict with EditorsKit. Will look for an alternative solution to the PHP warning in the next version of Pro.
Release Date: 2022-04-11
- Added the Cookie control.
- Added information icons to all visibility controls with links to Knowledge Base.
- Pro now requires Block Visibility 2.4.0 or greater.
- Increased WordPress version requirement from 5.5 to 5.9. This is required so the plugin can take advantage of new WordPress features.
- Removed tip/information modals from Editor. Information icons now direct users to the corresponding Knowledge Base pages.
- Removed custom SearchControl component in favor of native WordPress component.
- Fixed PHP warning on the Widgets screen. (#25)
Release Date: 2021-12-16
- Visibility Presets: Added the ability to show a block if At least one, All, or No presets apply.
- Visibility Presets: Added the ability to hide a block based on selected presets.
- Added the ability to disable local block controls.
- Pro now requires Block Visibility 2.3.0 or greater.
- Rule sets now support a custom rule label.
- Individual control settings and data are only fetched from the REST API when the control is actually enabled to improve performance.
- Fix fatal error when current user’s roles cannot be fetched due to third-party plugin conflict.
- Fixed incorrect documentation URLs.
Release Date: 2021-11-04
- Super Admins in multisite installs can now edit Visibility Presets without having to be administrators on each site.
- Fixed the ordering of posts in the Location control multi-select fields.
- Fixed bug in fetching hierarchical post types with both parent and child posts. Thanks, Jason for discovering this issue and opening a support ticket!
Release Date: 2021-11-02
- Changed how user roles are checked in the Block Editor for Visibility Presets due to a potential bug in the WordPress function
canUser(). Will revert this change in the future should the issue be identified and resolved.
Release Date: 2021-10-29
- Added the Visibility Presets control type and the corresponding Preset Manager.
- Added the visibility_preset custom post type (CPT). This CPT is hidden and only accessible through the Preset Manager.
- Using presets, multiple control sets are now possible which enables “OR” conditions.
- Minor user interface enhancements.
Release Date: 2021-10-20
- When a page is set as the “Posts Page”, it is now disabled as a selectable page the Location control. The Posts Page should be targeted directly.
- The configured “Front Page” and “Posts Page” are now denoted in the Page selector in the Location control.
- Fixed bug in the Location control when using the Archive Type rule and attempting to target the Posts page. Thanks, Paul for discovering this issue and opening a support ticket!
Release Date: 2021-10-05
- Fixed bug in the Location control when using the Post Type rule. Thanks, Paul for discovering this issue and opening a support ticket!
Release Date: 2021-09-26
- Fixed bug caused by admin scripts being enqueued during DOING_AJAX. Thanks, Ted for discovering this issue and opening a support ticket!
Release Date: 2021-09-18
- Fixed bug in the Metadata control frontend test.
Release Date: 2021-09-15
- Added time-base Customer History rules to the WooCommerce control.
- Added support for variable pricing in the WooCommerce control.
- Added time-base Customer History rules to the Easy Digital Downloads control.
- Added support for variable pricing in the Easy Digital Downloads control.
- Added the Metadata control.
- Added the ability to copy/import visibility settings between blocks.
- Added post hierarchy and relative hierarchy rules to the Location control.
- Refactored all rule and rule set functionality.
- Fixed occasion bug in license activation checks.
- Fixed issue with the translation file.
Release Date: 2021-07-28
- Added the URL Path control.
- Added the Browser & Device control.
- Fixed bug with the WooCommerce product inventory rule test.
- Fixed bug in license activation function that would cause activation to fail if the user also has EDD Software Licensing active on their website.
- Fixed display logic in rule sets that caused a bug when an individual rule set was disabled by a user.
- Fixed Pro Support link in settings masthead.
- Fixed incorrect text domains in plugin settings.
- Fixed styling bugs in the Referral Source control UI.
Release Date: 2021-06-18
- Added preliminary support for Block Visibility Pro on the new block-based Widgets screen, the new Widget pane in the customizer, and the experimental Navigation screens added by Gutenberg.
Release Date: 2021-06-08
- Initial Release ????